Updated: 29 December 2009
Please notify Jim Adams (adamsmckain at gmail.com) with additional information, photographs, obituaries, etc. on the Copley family.
E.B. Copley died in1916
He married Esther McKain (b. 1852 in Rochester, NY). She died between May 13-23, 1927.
They had 5 children:
1. Edith Copley, born 1874 and died 1886
2. Winifred Copley (b. Sep 1876 in Michigan - d. 16 Sep 1927 in Nicholsville). She married Ira Johnson.
3. Carlotta Copley never married. She died 25 July in Jackson, Jackson, MI, USA
4. Lena M. Copley (b. 29 July 1884 in Decatur, Van Buren, MI - d. 1968 in Kalamazoo, MI). She married Marvin John Schaberg.
5. Earl Edwin Copley (b. 01 Dec 1886 in Volinia, Cass, MI - d. 01 June 1972 in Paw Paw, Van Buren, MI) married (1) Loretta Laura A. Hughes (b. about 1892 in Illinois - d. 08 Nov 1925). He married (2) Margaret L. Conway (b. 18 March 1905 in Decatur, Van Buren, MI - d. 10 Nov 2004 in Lawton, Van Buren, MI). Earl Edwin and Loretta (Hughes) Copley had 3 children:
a. Allan Bennett Copley (b. 16 Oct 1917 - d. 04 March 2006). He enlisted (18 April 1941 in Kalamazoo, MI) in the Army in WW2 serving as a Corporal in New Guinea. He was a social worker and teacher (Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, MI) and made numerous trips to Europe in 1954, 1956, and 1959 as a tour guide. He is buried in Lakeside Cemetery, Decatur, MI.
b. Living Copley
c. Living Copley