Updated: 07 August 2010
If you have information (births, marriages, deaths, obituaries, diaries, letters, photographs, etc.) that you would like to share please contact Jim Adams (adamsmckain at gmail.com) to have your information included on these pages.
Descendants of Jotham Goodspeed (14 April 1800 in Madison, NY - 08 Nov 1865 in Shiawasee, MI) and Rebecca Adams (01 April 1797 in Stephentown, Rensselaer, NY - 15 Aug 1865 in South Lyon, Oakland, MI). Both are buried in Freemont Cemetery, Bancroft, MI. They had 7 children:
1. Calvin Adams, born 11 Jan 1821 in Michigan
2. Elijah, born 13 Jan 1823 in Michigan
3. Sarah Ann born 25 Dec 1826 in Michigan, died 1831
4. Oscar J born 30 Oct 1831 in Michigan
5. Charles Harvey born 22 Feb 1833 in Michigan
6. Sarah Antoinette born 14 Jan 1836 in Michigan, died 14 Dec 1899 in Lansing, MI. She married (1) Gilbert Fay. She married (2) De Forest P. Burnett (24 June 1835 in NY - 12 Dec 1890 in MI). They had a daughter, Minnie Mae (17 May 1867 - 01 Sept 1945). Sarah is buried in Freemont Cemetery, Bancroft, MI.
7. Aurelia born 04 Oct 1843 in Michigan, died 23 June 1930 in Michigan
Minnie Mae Burnett married Charles E. Claflin. They had a daughter, Ethel Burnett who married Truman G. Yuncker. Minnie Mae & Charles and Ethel & Truman are buried in Mt. Evergreen Cemetery, Jackson, MI.
Goodspeed Genealogy Forum
History of the Goodspeed Family, Being a Genealogical & Narrative Record Extending From 1380 - 1906 (Hardcover, $71 from Higginson Book Company) by Weston A. Goodspeed, 561 pp. 1907